Obama gets taste of Memphis BBQ | Restaurants
During his brief trip to Memphis to speak at Booker T. Washington High School’s commencement ceremony, President Barack Obama wasn’t able to dine in any of the city’s famous barbecue restaurants.
However, the president was able to get some Bluff City barbecue on Air Force One.
Rep. Steve Cohen sent us this copy of the plane’s lunch menu. However, the name of the restaurant that made the food wasn’t revealed.
UPDATE: Cohen's office called and said the president didn't have to settle on sampling food from just one Memphis barbecue restaurant. Instead, two restraunts - Interstate Barbecue and the Rendesvouz - provided his lunch.
Top East Memphis Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sudden storm sweeps through Shelby Co.
- Farmer's Market is ripe for picking
- Advisory opinion: Cordova residents do not have legal authority to demand De-annexation referendum
- Neighborhood Watch Block Party being held in Lakeland Community
- Neighbors of Isaac Hayes' former mansion upset over lack of action