Pipe kitty finally heads home | Pets
(WMC-TV) – Today Piper, the kitten known for getting stuck in an underground pipe for several days, has been united with her adoptive family.
Piper looked healthy and happy as she was turned over to her new family Tuesday afternoon.
The little kitty was found underground near Summer and Waring earlier this month and getting her out of the pipe proved more difficult than anyone expected.
Volunteers started showing up throughout the evening of June 6 and they worked for hours before finally getting Piper out of the pipe around 4 a.m. the following day.
In that time, she became something of an Internet superstar.
“She now has her own hash tag, a t-shirt design for her, Facebook, Twitter handle, I even heard Carrie Ann Inaba, of Dancing with the Stars tweeted about her,” Katie Pemberton, of the Humane Society of Memphis and Shelby County, said the night of Piper’s rescue.
The plumber who rescued Piper is the kitten’s new adoptive dad.
And yes, you can follow her on Twitter. Her handle is @MyPipeKitty.
Copyright 2012 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.
Top East Memphis Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Farmer's Market is ripe for picking
- Advisory opinion: Cordova residents do not have legal authority to demand De-annexation referendum
- Neighborhood Watch Block Party being held in Lakeland Community
- Neighbors of Isaac Hayes' former mansion upset over lack of action
- Kids to make difference at humane society summer camp