100-year-old COGIC bishop dies | People
Bishop Albert E. Reed, the longest living bishop in the Church Of God In Christ, died in Memphis on Monday at the age of 100.
He was ordained and consecrated byCOGIC founder Bishop Charles Mason in 1948.
Reed was a lifelong member of Temple of Deliverance in Memphis.
He lives behind his wife and their three children.
Top East Memphis Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Farmer's Market is ripe for picking
- Advisory opinion: Cordova residents do not have legal authority to demand De-annexation referendum
- Neighborhood Watch Block Party being held in Lakeland Community
- Neighbors of Isaac Hayes' former mansion upset over lack of action
- Kids to make difference at humane society summer camp