Former Memphian battles it out on Cupcake Wars | People
(WMC-TV) – A graduate of St. Mary’s Episcopal School will test her mettle in tasty combat when she competes on Food Network’s Cupcake Wars later this month.
Tamara Sawyer, founder of Washington, D.C. based bakery TamiCakes, will compete against three of the nation’s other top bakers for the chance to win a $10,000 prize.
Sawyer’s bakery features 17 varieties of cupcakes. While some are named after family members (like the Granny – a pound cake concoction with strawberries and buttercream icing), others have a pop culture bent. For instance, there’s the Rozay – named after rapper Rick Ross, the Rudy Huxatble and the Jim Jones - named after the rapper, not the maniacal cult leader.
Cupcake Wars will air on Food Network at 8 p.m. on June 24
Copyright 2012 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.
Top East Memphis Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sudden storm sweeps through Shelby Co., more showers possible
- Farmer's Market is ripe for picking
- Advisory opinion: Cordova residents do not have legal authority to demand De-annexation referendum
- Neighborhood Watch Block Party being held in Lakeland Community
- Neighbors of Isaac Hayes' former mansion upset over lack of action