Easy access to Memphis public pools | Parents & kids
The City of Memphis has an easier for you and your family to take advantage of public community pools this summer. You will need a City Access Card to attend any City of Memphis pool. The cards are free and can be obtained at any Memphis Library. You can also use the card to check out books from any Memphis Public Library. You do not need to obtain a City Access Card if you were previously issued a City of Memphis Parks and Neighborhoods Pool identification card.
You must register for a City Access Card if
- You desire to attend a City of Memphis Aquatic Facility
- You have misplaced your previously issued pool card
- You have turned 13 since your previous pool card was issued
- You have turned 18 since your previous pool card was issued. All adults will receive a City of Memphis Library Passport Card, which allows access to all City of Memphis pools.
- You have a general, non photo ID library card but desire to attend a City of Memphis Aquatic Facility
- All minors under the age of 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at registration and provide valid identification in the form of a birth certificate or another form of identification with the minor’s birth date listed. Parent or guardian’s proof of residency is also required.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all City of Memphis pools; there-fore, parent/guardian accompanying children 12 and under must also receive a City Access Card.
- Adults 18 and older will need to bring valid driver’s license or other picture identification, in addition to proof of residency to receive a City Access Card.
The City of Memphis pool season begins June 8th and continues until July 27th. Click here to see the list of Memphis community pools complete with phone numbers and addresses as well as the nearest Memphis Public Library.