5 apartments damaged during refrigerator fire | News
(WMC-TV) – An East Memphis apartment fire that left one woman injured is being blamed on a malfunctioning refrigerator.
A 55-year-old woman was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation Wednesday afternoon after a fire broke out in the High Point Terrace Apartments.
Firefighters could see flames pouring from the two story apartment building when they made the scene just before 1:30 p.m.
Crews were able to extinguish the flames in about 20 minutes. However, that was enough time for the fire to cause about $75,000 in damage in 5 different apartments.
Copyright 2012 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.