Donors deliver for Lifeblood | Health
(WMC-TV) - Lifeblood faced a critical shortage in May.
The agency that supplies blood products to all Memphis area hospitals had run out of several blood types.
Lifeblood sent word of the shortage to the community via Action News 5 and other media outlets. Generous donors responded enthusuiastically at Lifeblood's third annual "Donot Fest" held last Saturday, June 16 at the Agricenter.
Lifeblood’s goal was to garner 1,500 units of blood at its Donor Fest. Lifeblood donors exceeded expectations and a total of 1,698 units.
Copyright 2012 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.
Top East Memphis Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Farmer's Market is ripe for picking
- Advisory opinion: Cordova residents do not have legal authority to demand De-annexation referendum
- Neighborhood Watch Block Party being held in Lakeland Community
- Neighbors of Isaac Hayes' former mansion upset over lack of action
- Kids to make difference at humane society summer camp