Anime Blues Con to attract fans of Japanese comics | Events
Anime Blues Con will be holding an Anime convention in Memphis. This event is the first of its kind to come to the Bluff City. The convention is made up of games, guests and different ways to immerse yourself in Asian culture.
The convention will feature five different tracks:
- The Art track will showcase local artists from the Memphis Comic Book Club including featured artist Martheus Wade.
- The Culture Track will highlight different aspects of Asian culture and include a Street Fashion Show
- At the Gaming Track guests will be able to participate in all kinds of games from D&D to Street Fighter.
- The Otaku Track is the main event which showcases all things Anime. With special guests Vic Mignogna from Full Metal Alchemist, Tsubasa, and Ouran High School Host Club; Maile Flanagan from Naruto and Transformers 3 ; Kyle Herbert from Dragon Ball Z, Street Fighter IV, Naruto, Bleach ; Maria Vu from Dragon Ball Z; and Jon Crumpton, a local voice actor who is the voice of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars toys.
- There is even an Adult track for guests that are 18+ that have a taste for the racier side of con life.
During the convention there will be charity events to raise money for the Red Cross and the Kids Wish Network. Anime Blues Con is a non-profit organization designed to promote Asian cultural awareness in the Mid-South.
The event will take place at the Hilton East July 8-10.
Photo courtesy Flickr user Steve Keys.
Top East Memphis Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Farmer's Market is ripe for picking
- Advisory opinion: Cordova residents do not have legal authority to demand De-annexation referendum
- Neighborhood Watch Block Party being held in Lakeland Community
- Neighbors of Isaac Hayes' former mansion upset over lack of action
- Kids to make difference at humane society summer camp