Local salons battle in "hair wars" for a good cause | Events
(WMC-TV) – Is your salon “pet friendly?” Salons across Memphis will compete in a competition to see which business is pet friendly and who can raise the most money for a good cause.
Mid-South Spay and Neuter Services is raising funds for its non-profit clinic with a “hair ware” promotion for local hair salons.
MSNS is a non-profit clinic that is dedicated to reducing pet overpopulation by offering affordable and often free spay and neuter services to the public. The clinic has been operating since 2005 and has performed over 22,000 procedures.
The promotion is a friendly competition between 39 salons, each competing for the title of “Most Pet Friendly Salon.” The contest will last through June 15, and the salons will collect monetary donations in specially designated collection boxes in hopes of beating out their competition.
At the end of the promotion, the salon raising the most money will receive a trophy and tickets to the annual Spaytacular Gala in December. Salons from all over the city such as East Memphis, Downtown, Midtown and Cordova will be participating. Each business is asking customers and employees to donate money to benefit the clinic.
Last year, “Hair Wars” raised over $7,000 for the clinic, and this year they plan to raise even more through the generosity of customers and employees.
Here's a list of participating salons:
- Cut Above
- Elite Salon
- Empire Hair Studio
- Epic Total Salon
- Fixations Hair Studio
- Gould’s Academy
- Gould’s Cordova Towne Center
- Gould’s Germantown Village Square
- Gould’s Houston Levee Galleria
- Gould’s Park Place Centre
- Gould’s Parkway Place
- Gould’s Peabody Hotel
- Gould’s Poplar Plaza
- Gould’s The Shops of Collierville
- Gould’s The Village Shops of Forest Hill
- Gould’s Wedgewood Commons- Olive Branch
- Gould’s Wolfchase Galleria
- Hair Savvy
- Hi Gorgeous
- Hot Heads Salon and Spa
- La Nouvelle
- Michelle Salon
- New Beginnings
- Oak Court Salon
- Pageboy Salon
- Rachel's Day Spa
- Rando's Harbortown Salon
- Ryan Patrick Salon
- Salon Allure
- Secret Services
- Studio Couture
- The Salon
- The Styling Castle
- Tre Regazze
Copyright 2012 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.
Top East Memphis Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Farmer's Market is ripe for picking
- Advisory opinion: Cordova residents do not have legal authority to demand De-annexation referendum
- Neighborhood Watch Block Party being held in Lakeland Community
- Neighbors of Isaac Hayes' former mansion upset over lack of action
- Kids to make difference at humane society summer camp