Nightclub shootout sends 2 to hospital | Crime
Gunshots rang out Sunday night as a security guard and an accused crook exchanged shots in the parking lot of a Summer Ave. nightclub. Both men were injured during the shootout.
Investigators say security guard Vincent Bialk caught Jose Fuentes moments after he broke into a pickup parked near Club La Granja, 4780 Summer. Police say Fuentes had broken the vehicle’s passenger window and pried out its stereo.
Fuentes opened fire, shooting Bialk once in the stomach, officers say. Bialk returned fire, shooting Fuentes who fled the scene in a vehicle driven by Milton Gomez. The pair was caught a short time later at Poplar and White Station.
Bialk and Fuentes were both taken to the Med in critical condition.
Fuentes has been charged with attempted second degree murder. He’s being held on a million dollar bond. Gomez is accused of being an accessory after the fact.
Top East Memphis Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sudden storm sweeps through Shelby Co.
- Farmer's Market is ripe for picking
- Advisory opinion: Cordova residents do not have legal authority to demand De-annexation referendum
- Neighborhood Watch Block Party being held in Lakeland Community
- Neighbors of Isaac Hayes' former mansion upset over lack of action