Woman accused of stealing mail in East Memphis neighborhood | Crime
(WMC-TV) – A 32-year-old woman is facing several charges after police say they caught her stealing mail in an east Memphis neighborhood.
Officers received a report that there was a suspicious person in a neighborhood near the intersection of Walnut Grove Road and Shady Glen Road. When police arrived, they found Kimberly Clark, 32, in a car with both doors open.
Officers say they noticed several pieces of mail, debit cards, and checks with other people’s names and addresses on them lying on the floor of the car. They also found someone’s driver’s license and fake ID cards with Clark’s photo but other people’s information.
While talking with Clark, she told officers that she also had heroin and paraphernalia in the vehicle.
Clark was arrested and is now charged with identity theft trafficking, forgery, possession of legend drug without prescription, possession of drug paraphernalia, and possession of a controlled substance.
Copyright 2012 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.
Top East Memphis Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Farmer's Market is ripe for picking
- Advisory opinion: Cordova residents do not have legal authority to demand De-annexation referendum
- Neighborhood Watch Block Party being held in Lakeland Community
- Neighbors of Isaac Hayes' former mansion upset over lack of action
- Kids to make difference at humane society summer camp