Orange Mound celebrates community Christmas festival | Community Spirit
There was a celebration in Orange Mound Sunday as the community's Christmas festival has made a comeback this year.
Outside there were Carriage rides and dancing in the streets.
Organizers from Harrison's Funeral Home said the festival gives residents pride in their community.
"It is not just about us being a funeral home it is about serving and serving our people with pride and humility which is one of the mottos of Melrose and Orange Mound and we just try to keep it alive," said community member Adriana Harrison.
Top East Memphis Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Farmer's Market is ripe for picking
- Advisory opinion: Cordova residents do not have legal authority to demand De-annexation referendum
- Neighborhood Watch Block Party being held in Lakeland Community
- Neighbors of Isaac Hayes' former mansion upset over lack of action
- Kids to make difference at humane society summer camp