Amro named one of country’s best music stores | Business
(WMC-TV) – A Memphis music store has been named one of the nation’s best for the second year in a row.
Amro Music was picked for the Top 100 Dealers by the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM).
The store, which has been family-owned and operated since its founding in 1921, employees 65 full-time workers.
“This achievement is credited to the hard work of our dedicated staff and a reflection of their commitment to our company motto ‘to be recognizably the best.’” said Pat Averwater, the store’s president. “We certainly would not have earned this award if it wasn’t for them.”
The companies named to the list were chosen based on the following criteria:
- Show a clear understanding that the success of a retail store is directly related to customer satisfaction
- Provide a retail experience worth returning for and recommending others to
- Design a floor plan, merchandising and marketing that encourages repeat sales
- Prepare for future success with sound planning, marketing and training initiatives
- Use the web and social media in engaging, effective ways
Amro officials will be presented with an award during NAMM’s annual trade show in Nashville later this summer.
Copyright 2012 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.
Top East Memphis Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Farmer's Market is ripe for picking
- Advisory opinion: Cordova residents do not have legal authority to demand De-annexation referendum
- Neighborhood Watch Block Party being held in Lakeland Community
- Neighbors of Isaac Hayes' former mansion upset over lack of action
- Kids to make difference at humane society summer camp