No midnight movie for Mid-South "Twilight" fans, but there is an all-day marathon | Arts & Culture
There may not be a midnight movie madness for "Twilight" fans in the Mid-South, but there will be an entire day of “Twilight" films at the Malco Paradiso Movie Theatre Thursday.
The “Twilight" marathon will start at 11:00 a.m. and for $20 you can see all four films leading up to the new movie, Breaking Dawn Part Two at 10 p.m.
Memphis will be one of the only major U.S. cities without a midnight showing and The Action News 5 Investigators wanted to know why.
A Malco spokesperson said the studio allowed them to show the movie at 10 p.m., and wanted to keep times in-line with their all-day marathon.
The spokesperson insisted it had nothing to do with safety concerns following the midnight shootings at a Colorado theatre that left 12 dead.
And despite kids' opinions, most parents say they're OK with the latest "Twilight" ending before midnight.
Fans must pay an additional cost to watch the new film being released that night. Buy your tickets early at the Malco website here.
Top East Memphis Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Farmer's Market is ripe for picking
- Advisory opinion: Cordova residents do not have legal authority to demand De-annexation referendum
- Neighborhood Watch Block Party being held in Lakeland Community
- Neighbors of Isaac Hayes' former mansion upset over lack of action
- Kids to make difference at humane society summer camp