Actors fill Elmwood for pre-halloween event | Arts & Culture
You can see costumed actors giving their best this Oct. at Elmwood cemetery.
On Saturday, Oct. 27, The Elmwood Players will present the 7th Annual Costume Twilight Tour.
Tours are offered between 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Costumed actors will portray notable Elmwood residents including:
- James Stewart, Elmwood’s first superintendent, as portrayed by Justin Sutter
- Isabella “Belle” Edmondson, infamous Confederate spy, as portrayed by Kittie Walsh
- Sister Constance, martyr of the 1878 yellow fever epidemic, as portrayed by Cathi Johnson
- Susan & Esther Spikes, passengers onboard the ill-fated Sultana, as portrayed by Aisling Maki and Hannah Ogelsby
- Lloyd Binford, President of the Memphis Censor Board, as portrayed by Jimmy Ogle
- Hon. John Park, Mayor of Memphis during the Civil War, as portrayed by Vincent Astor
- America Caroline Dill, editorial writer for the Memphis Appeal, as portrayed by Cookie Swain
- Lt. John A. McKinney, killed during the Indian Wars of 1876, as portrayed by Matt Meador
- Charles Dinstuhl, Memphis entrepreneur and chocolatier, as portrayed by Mike Swain
- A.W. Willis, lawyer and Civil Rights activist, as portrayed by Menelik Fombi
Admission to the tour is $15 per person. Children under twelve are admitted free.
Tickets may be purchased in advance online here or purchased at the gate on the day of the event.