Enjoy Presidential Burgers at BGR | Arts & Culture
The Burger Joint is wading into the political waters this election season with presidential burgers.
This is not just a sales ploy, though.
The proceeds will go to benefit The "Share Our Strength No Kid Goes Hungry" campaign.
The Mitt Romney and Barack Obama burgers went on sale today.
BGR founder Mark Bucher has announced plans for the contest’s return.
“We had such a great response to the Presidential Burgers four years ago, it really was a no-brainer for it to return for this election,” Bucher said.
“Just like last time, we’ll provide regular updates on how many votes each burger gets and we will release our results on Election Day.”
Both burgers are an ode to their hometowns.
The Obama burger will feature a signature BGR patty toppy with a Chicago “Vienna Beef” hot dog with neon green relish and sport peppers.
The Romney burger, a nod to New England surf and turf will include a signature BGR patty topped with Lobster and hollandaise.
You can find Mid-South locations at the link below.
Top East Memphis Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Farmer's Market is ripe for picking
- Advisory opinion: Cordova residents do not have legal authority to demand De-annexation referendum
- Neighborhood Watch Block Party being held in Lakeland Community
- Neighbors of Isaac Hayes' former mansion upset over lack of action
- Kids to make difference at humane society summer camp