FBI seeks new digs in E. Memphis |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
The Federal Bureau of Investigation is looking to move into new real estate following an East Memphis lease expiration in 2015.
A modest 96,000 square feet with a "modern" and "prestigious" feel is what the Bureau is after, along with a "campus-like atmosphere."
The General Services Administration handles real estate leasing for the FBI and indicate that the Bureau is seeking a long-term lease.
The Downtown Memphis Commission recommended the downtown area as a plausible new home for the FBI but officials have not commented on any decisions as of yet.
Top East Memphis Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Farmer's Market is ripe for picking
- Advisory opinion: Cordova residents do not have legal authority to demand De-annexation referendum
- Neighborhood Watch Block Party being held in Lakeland Community
- Neighbors of Isaac Hayes' former mansion upset over lack of action
- Kids to make difference at humane society summer camp